Have you ever experienced or heard of someone who has sold their property within 24 hours, to the first person who viewed/put in an offer? While this is fantastic news and works perfectly for some people depending on their situation, has it ever left you wondering…”Did I sell my property for the best price?”
During the last 12 months the property market has been very buoyant with house prices rising due to the lack of properties on the market along with the large demand in people wanting to purchase homes. Therefor we have seen on many occasions properties selling extremely quickly and offers coming in on the same day that the property was marketed.
As previously mentioned this might be the perfect situation for you depending on your circumstances but we do sometimes hear people say that they feel they may have accepted the offer to quickly and therefor might have missed out.
Because of the way the current market is we are recommending that our sellers allow at least 5 days from the property being launched before accepting any offers that have been received. We do this for a number of reasons;
- Allows time for potential buyers to book viewings and register their interest.
- Allows us time to contact all ‘Hot Buyers’ who might be interested in your property.
- Gives us the chance to negotiate based on the timescale and interest on the property.
- Gives other potential buyers chance to put forward their offers which might be better than the one already submitted.
- Allows you time to digest all the information in the offers so you can decide which offer is best for you.
While of course this is one of the strategies we recommend, we always personalise our recommendations based on our sellers situations in order to ensure you get a service that is built around you!
If you would like some free property advice or just want to know a little more about the current property market, then please feel free to get in touch with your local agent, we would be more than happy to help.
By Jake Cullum-Hollins, Herefordshire Franchise Owner