They say a picture is worth a thousand words and that’s certainly true when it comes to selling your property. And while we take care of the photos, what can you do to help help showcase your home at its very best?
Here’s some tips to help you get your home ready for your photo shoot:
- Clear the clutter – make sure kitchen surfaces are clean and everything is put away.
- Don’t leave tea towels on display.
- Clean your bin or hide it from view.
- Add some flowers or a fruit bowl to your kitchen side.
- Hide the laundry bin and any spare toilet roll from view.
- Display your best toiletries or none at all.
- Put down the toilet seat.
- Ensure your towels are clean and neatly placed.
- Ensure your bed is freshly made, preferably in white or plain bedding.
- Clear the clutter from your bedside tables and any other bedroom furniture.
- Put away shoes and clothes.
- Make sure nothing is visible under beds or on top of wardrobes.
- Tidy away children’s toys.
- Plump up the cushions.
- If you have a fireplace, light the fire.
- Keep surfaces clear.
- Tidy away pet and children’s items.
- Add a bunch of flowers to the dining room table.
Throughout the house
- Open curtains and blinds.
- Clean your windows.
- Polish/wipe down all surfaces.
- Hoover/mop floors.
- Move wheelie bins if possible.
- Move your car off the drive.
- Tidy the garden – sweep up any leaves and ensure it is weeded.
- Mow the grass.
- Wipe down your front door.
- If you can add a pop of colour in hanging baskets or planters either side of your front door, do so.
While this list gives you an idea of things you can easily do to make your house more presentable for photos, don’t hesitate to ask us if you feel like you need a bit of extra help.
Want to sell your home? Contact your local agent today.